For Solasta: Crown of the Magister players who try to play multiplayer, this guide will show you how to host or join a Multiplayer Session
Hosting a Multiplayer Session
- Click on Multiplayer (above Settings)
- By default you will arrive on the Create Game screen
- Put a session name for other players to recognize your session
- Put a password (case sensitive!) if you only want to play with people who you will share the password with.
- Note: No password means the room is public and anyone can join.
- If you put the visibility to private, your room won’t appear in the lobby browser – even if people have the password. The only way to join would be to invite or join through Steam Friends.
- You can lower the Max Players if you wish, but you can start with 2 players even if the max is set to 4.
- Removing “Allow crossplay” will prevent players from Gamepass, Steam and GoG to play together (in case you are on Steam and only want to play with other Steam players)
- Either click on New Adventure if you want to start a new campaign, or click Load Game if you want to continue an existing one
- Note: If you’re playing with Steam Friends, you can invite them to your session lobby directly through
- As the host, you decide which campaign and difficulty mode the group will be playing.
- Once everyone is here, each player can select a character they made (or they can make one while in the room).
- Once all players click ready (bottom right), you can start the game. Enjoy!
- Note: Even though everyone can save at anytime, ass the host you are usually expected to make save files to continue playing in the future!
- If you Load Game, players will be forced to play existing characters from the save files. You can’t change characters in an existing campaign.
- Once everyone is here, you can assign each character to a player (or multiple characters to one player)
- Once everyone is ready, you can start the game. Enjoy!
You can also kick someone from the room by clicking their name at the bottom of the screen
Joining a Multiplayer Session
- Click on Multiplayer
- Click on JOIN GAME above the Session Name
- Make sure you select the Server Region matching your host’s location.
- If you can’t see the room you’re looking for, make sure you click Refresh List from times to times (note: if the host put his session as private, it won’t ever appear)
- Select the session and click join game (you may need a password)
- If you know the exact name of the session, you can also type it in the Session Name box at the bottom and click Join Game directly
- Note: If you’re playing with Steam Friends, you can directly join them through the Steam Friends menu.
- Create the character you want to play in this campaign or select it from your existing characters.
- Make sure you click on Ready
- Wait for the host to launch the game!
- In existing campaigns, you can’t create new characters. You will have to play one of the existing characters.
- You can make a request to the host to show them who you want to play
- Once the host assigned the characters to the players, click ready and wait for them to launch the game!